The church has one of the finest collections of monuments in the City of Norwich. Here are represented Mayors and Aldermen, a sea captain and a variety of business leaders.
In the South East corner of St Andrew is the Suckling chapel . The Sucklings were a major Norfolk family who were closely related to (and at one time lodged) Horatio Nelson. For further details click below
|1520 - 1589||Robert Suckling|
|1569 - 1627||Sir John Suckling|
|1535 - 1607||Francis Rugg|
Interestingly it is still possible to see the houses (in part at least) owned by the encumbents of the Suckling Chapel. Robert Garsett, who wears his Alderman's robes, was Sheriff in 1599 and lived in Garsett House. This property, also known locally as Armada House, has one surviving timber framed bracket ornately carved with the date 1589, the year after the Spansih Armada an event futher commemorated by a plaque depicting a galleon, moulded in plaster on the South gable wall. Unfortunately in 1898 part of the south wing was cut away to allow for the building of a new tramline. The only saving grace of this action was that it bought into view Suckling Hall previously home of the Suckling Family, now the site of Cinema City. The only portion of Francis Rugg's house that still survives is the inner entrance which has been preserved as part of the new Telephone Exhange in St Andrew's Street although it looks a little incongruous it's survival must be applauded.
Additionally there are a fine selection of monuments produced by the Norwich school including : Thomas Rawlin's works commemorating both Hambleton & John Custance and also the tablet dedicated to Richard & Margaret Dennison. Also Robert Page carved the tablet to the memory of Dr Thomas Crowe, where Noel Spencer describes the three cherub heads as being "the most delightful I have ever seen"
These monuments can be viewed by clicking the . Read the inscription by clicking .
|1712-1755||David Andrews this monument is high on the west wall therefore photographic details limited|
Elizabeth Chapman (nee Riveley)
|1644-1732||Elizabeth Coulson (nee Man)|
|Dr. Thomas Crowe
Ann Crowe (nee Kenrick)
|John Custance (Mayor 1726 & 1750)
|1714-1757||Hambleton Custance (High Sheriff of Norfolk)|
|Ben Joseph Ellis
|15xx - 1611||Robert Garsett (Sheriff of Norwich 1599)|
Ann Havet (nee Hastings)
|Isacc Houghton (Sherriff 1755)
|1???-1848||Rev. Samuel Leggatt|
||William Moore (Sheriff 1823)
|1720 - 1769
Anne Elizabeth Scott
|Rev. John Simpson
|All Saints Westlegate||St. George Tombland||St. Julian||St. Michael at Plea|
|St. Andrew||St. Giles||St. Lawrence||St. Peter Hungate|
|St. Augustine||St. Gregory||St. Margaret||St. Peter Mancroft|
|St. Benedict||St. Helen||St. Martin at Oak||St. Peter Parmentergate|
|St. Clement||St. James Pockthorpe||St. Martin at Palace Plain||St. Saviour|
|St. Edmund Fishergate||St. John de Sepulchre||St. Mary Coslany||St. Simon & St. Jude|
|St. Etheldreda||St. John Maddermarket||St. Mary the Less||St. Stephen|
|St. George Colegate||St. John Timberhill||St. Michael(Miles) Coslany||St. Swithin|