St Benedict Church gave its name to a street and a medieval gateway into Norwich.
However,after the devastating Bedecker raids on Norwich in 1942 all that was left standing was the shell of the aisle and the ancient round tower. Photographs taken at the time show the tower as a defiant symbol against the devastation of war and the wanton destruction it brings.
Today only the tower, together with with a green space much bigger than the original church boundary, remains.
|All Saints Westlegate||St. George Tombland||St. Julian||St. Michael at Plea|
|St. Andrew||St. Giles||St. Lawrence||St. Peter Hungate|
|St. Augustine||St. Gregory||St. Margaret||St. Peter Mancroft|
|St. Benedict||St. Helen||St. Martin at Oak||St. Peter Parmentergate|
|St. Clement||St. James Pockthorpe||St. Martin at Palace Plain||St. Saviour|
|St. Edmund Fishergate||St. John de Sepulchre||St. Mary Coslany||St. Simon & St. Jude|
|St. Etheldreda||St. John Maddermarket||St. Mary the Less||St. Stephen|
|St. George Colegate||St. John Timberhill||St. Michael(Miles) Coslany||St. Swithin|